1/1 Photo of Peanutty Sate Pork Wrap
This is a great-tasting sandwich! If you love sate anything, this is the sandwich for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/4 lbs lean boneless pork loin, cut into 8 slices and pounded very thin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1Make the marinade: In a large bowl, combine the onion, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce and sugar.
- 2Whisk in the oil in a light stream.
- 3Stir in the crushed red pepper and the black pepper.
- 4Add the pork to the marinade, turning to coat completely.
- 5Set aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 7Make the peanut sauce: In a small bowl stir together all the sauce ingredients.
- 8Whisk in 1 ½ tblsps of water and set aside (make sure sugar is dissolved).
- 9Light a grill or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- 10Wrap the pitas in foil and warm them in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until pliable.
- 11Remove from the oven but do not unwrap.
- 12Remove the pork from the marinade and grill the slices, in batches if necessary, until just cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side.
- 13Transfer to a plate.
- 14Lay the pitas on a work surface.
- 15Spread each one with about 2 tsps of the peanut sauce and cover generously with watercress.
- 16Place a slice of pork off to one side on each pita.
- 17Top the meat with some spring onion slices.
- 18Fold the pitas in half and wrap in aluminum foil.
- 19Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanutty Sate Pork Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 946.9
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 1192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: