Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the addition of frosted flake cereal to these. You can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter in this but my family prefers the crunchy. You could also add some peanut butter chips if desired.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely crushed frosted flakes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 375.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, margarine and shortening; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Stir in cereal. (dough may be sticky).
- With lightly floured hands, shape level tablespoons of dough into 1 1/2 inch balls; roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- With fork, flatten in crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375 for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.