Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "The Best of Cooking Light"
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 8 cups hot cooked linguine (about 1 pound uncooked pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Shave carrots lengthwise into strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic, saute for 30 seconds. Add broth and next 5 ingredients, and stir until well blended. Reduce heat, and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add bell peppers and snow peas, saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat. Combine carrot, peanut butter mixture, bell pepper mixture in a large bowl, and toss well. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Awesome! We loved this recipe! Not too heavy (thank you Cooking Light) but beautiful and delicious with so many colorful veggies thrown in. Even my husband, who's not much of a veggie person, loved it. Travels well, and makes a great packed lunch. Thanks for sharing the recipe!