Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These make a great snack for kids of all ages, and they will travel well to the office, they're a great pick-me-up!
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or your choice of dried fruit)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square dish.
- In a large bowl mix together the first six ingredients.
- In another bowl mix together the peanut butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, add in vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Add in the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to coat well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, and using clean oiled hands press down the mixture in the pan.
- Let stand room temperature for 1 hour before slicing (if you can wait that long LOL!).
- Cut into bars.
I used dried cherries and almonds sisnce that's what I had on hand. Everyone at my office loved them. They're really satisfying.
Absolutely great! Super-easy to make and the kids love them! I did add about 4 oz of chocolate chips cause my kids love anything with chocolate (who doesn't). Very good recipe.