Recipe by Bobbie
This is my daughter's recipe. She loves Reese's peanut butter cups -- so this is right up her alley. Since I haven't made these, I'm not sure of the quantity -- so it's sort of a guess on my part.
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesof softened cream cheese (reduced fat cream cheese works great)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts (optional)
PEANUT BUTTER TOPPPING
- 1 (10 ounce) packageof reese's peanut butter chips
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until fluffy. Add sugar, cocoa and vanilla; blend well. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Form into bite-size balls and chill, covered for a few hours.
- For topping, melt topping ingredients in a bowl in microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Dip balls into topping and set on wax paper. After coating has set, place bonbons in an airtight container in refrigerator until ready to enjoy.