Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in Better Homes and Garden magarzine and thought I'd share it too. Great snack for anytime.
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate flavored syrup (I use Hershey's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 32 vanilla wafers or 16 graham crackers
- assorted sliced fruit
- In a medium bowl combine peanut butter,yogurt, chocolate syrup and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Spread the chocolate spread on the flat side of wafers and top with another wafer.
- Serve with your choice of sliced fruits,.
- such as pineapple chunks, sliced strawberries,bananas and/or apples.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup. I liked the taste of the peanut butter and chocolate but like the other reviewer I could taste the yogurt tang. Because of a wheat allergy, I can't eat the vanilla wafers, so we used this as a topping for ice cream.
This was an OK snack, but I wasn't crazy about the flavor blend. It seemed a little dry to me, and wasn't really chocolate, wasn't really peanut butter, and the hint of yogurt tang was there, though. I did use natural, creamy peanut butter, but the flavor combo just didn't work for my tastes. While the little sandwiches were cute, and would make a nice presentation as an extra on a fruit platter, they just weren't something that I would try again.