Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a Sensations cookbook. It is very good, peanutty, chocolaty banana bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Combine bananas, milk, peanut butter, oil and egg in small bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle peanuts and remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips evenly over batter.
- Bake 60 minutes or until tested done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove, cool on rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Very simple to make but delish! I highly recomend!
Very good....even with my mistakes. I didn't read the recipe instructions and put everything in the bowl and stirred it up. Then realized that the nuts and chips needed to go on top. Oh well........I will make this again....probably the same way!!
I modified a bit, but it turned out great. Doubled the recipe, using white wheat flour and putting all the chocolate chips plus some chopped honey roasted peanuts into the batter. I put it all in a bundt pan and baked it for over an hour. Put a chocolate glaze on top and it was a very nice cake. Thanks.