This is a big favorite in our house. My kids go wild over the chopped peanuts, so I add more at the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch long thin strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch long thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch long thin strips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup broth
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce (I usually use more)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, , for garnish
- 1In a deep skillet or flameproof casserole, heat the oil over medium heat until very hot.
- 2Add the chicken, sprinkle with paprika, and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned on both sides and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- 3Remove the chicken to a plate.
- 4Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from the pan.
- 5Add the vegetables.
- 6Cook, stirring, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in the peanut butter, broth, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- 8Heat to boiling, stirring until smooth.
- 9Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 10Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, until heated through.
- 11Serve the chicken over hot cooked rice.
- 12Top with the sauce and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanutty Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1089.5
- Calories from Fat 705
- Total Fat 78.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 255.2 mg
- Sodium 695.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 75.6 g