Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some shredded carrot to use and was thinking it would be tasty with peanut butter...after a quick search, I came up with this tasty morsel. Adapted from a cookbook by JoAnna Lund. I've also made this with chopped dried fig in place of the raisins; dried cherries or cranberries would be good too.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade or 1 tablespoon apricot marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter & marmalade; add carrots & raisins. Mix well.
- Use as a sandwich filling with your favorite bread or enjoy with crackers.
I used chunky peanut butter and the orange marmalade - very tasty! This is really fresh and was terrific on my toast. Made for Best of 2011. Thanks flower7! :)
Made this with extra chunky PB & orange marmalade, then was a bit generous with the raisins! Absolutely delicious, & another time, I want to make a much larger batch to have on my finger food counter when I host one of my next monthly gatherings! Thanks for the great keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
Mmmm, delish! What a great sandwhich spread! Loved the nutty, roasty pb flavour with the crisp carrot and sweet jam. Sooo good!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this treat with us, flower7!
Made and reviewed on Recommendation of Hokies Lady January 2010.