Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
People can't get enough of these! I got this recipe from the Oct/Nov 2001 Taste of Home.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (not reduced fat)
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, heat caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut butter on high for 1 minute, stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until melted.
- Add cereal and peanuts; stir until coated.
- Spread into a greased 13x9x2-in pan; set aside.
- In another bowl, heat chips, butter and remaining peanut butter on high for 30-60 seconds or until melted.
- Spread over cereal mixture. Chill before cutting.
These are awesome. I took them to an all day scrapbooking event I hosted and everyone loved them. This is a keeper!
Wowie! This is so good and so easy. I did use JIF's 25% less fat. I didn't realize it was the low fat until I was ready to make this. It didn't seem to cause any problems. It will be lovely on my Christmas trays. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
"To die for!!!" That was the general comment I received after my co-workers tried these yummy bars. What's not to love about chocolate, caramel and peanut butter? These are absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing, SweetySJD!