Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This snack mix recipe was modified from one i read on the back of a cereal box to suit my anti-raisin tastes. You can substitute raisins for the M&M's...but i think that's unnatural. it's kind of like a butterscotchy puppy chow.
- 8 cups corn pops cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, peanuts and M&M's.
- Combine chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and butter in a saucepan.
- Melt over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until melted.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Let cool 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar and toss to coat evenly.
- Continue to add powdered sugar and toss until all pieces are coated well.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Very good! I substituted a combo of white and peanut butter chips for the butterscotch and it turned out great. I also sifted it through my colander before putting it into a storage container- just to shake off some of the excess sugar.