Recipe by TheDancingCook
Delicious no-bake dessert. Apples, peanut butter, and graham cracker with sweet cream; who in there right mind could pass this up; especially presented in a fancy glass trifle bowl! (you can buy these bowls for less than $10.00) I will follow in future with more recipes you can use in this bowl. This is great for showers, picnics, bizarres at-work parties or family holiday dinner
Top Review by Miss Erin C.
This was really good and super easy. I ended up only using 1 can of apple pie filling because my trifle bowl ended up not being big enough, which was fine, it still tasted good. I also used chunky peanut butter, that's all I had on hand. Great recipe, Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine cracker crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and butter and spoon 1/2 of mixture into 3 qt bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smoothed and fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread 1/2 of this mixture into the trifle bowl or deep dish bowl.
- Top w/one can apple pie filling.
- Then combine powdered sugar, cinnamon and the remaining peanut butter until crumbly and sprinkle half over pie filling.
- Repeat the layers and refrigerate until serving.