Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a naturally sweet cookie with chewy oatmeal.
- 3⁄4 cup natural-style crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 medium apple, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream peanut butter, applesauce, and sugar.
- Add vanilla and egg whites, and stir until incorporated.
- Add baking soda and salt, and gradually stir in enough flour until soft dough forms.
- Add wheat germ and apples, mixing well.
- Spoon tablespoon sized balls onto cookie sheet, placing 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges brown. cool slightly and remove to a wire rack.