Recipe by Mom2Rose
Take a shortcut with a brownie mix and create a dessert that's chock-full of peanuts.
- 1 (13 1/3 ounce) box Deluxe peanut butter brownie mix
- 2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers (28 squares) or 2 cups regular graham crackers (28 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter chips
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Spanish peanut, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Lightly spray 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir dry brownie mix and graham cracker crumbs until well mixed; set aside.
- Into medium microwavable bowl, squeeze peanut butter from peanut butter packet (from brownie mix); add butter.
- Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until butter is melted; stir until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over brownie mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Press evenly in pan.
- In same medium microwavable bowl, mix milk, 1/3 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter chips.
- Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute, stirring once, until mixture is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Gently pour milk mixture evenly over brownie layer in pan; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, the chocolate chips and peanuts over milk mixture; press in lightly.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is just set when lightly touched (do not overbake).
- Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 3 hours.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.