1 hr 10 mins
from "une gamine dans la cuisine" - http://pixie-baker.blogspot.com/2010/11/tuesdays-with-dorie-peanuttiest.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UneGamineDansLaCuisine+%28Une+Gamine+dans+la+Cuisine%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (5 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (5 oz)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (2.5 oz)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, Packed (6 oz)
- 2 large eggs (4 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts (5 oz)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square pan with foil.
- 2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- 3Working with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the peanut butter and butter together on medium speed until smooth. Add both sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes until well incorporated into the butter. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each goes inches Beat in vanilla extract.
- 4Reduce the mixer to low and add in the dry ingredients, mixing only until they disappear into the dough; the dough will be thick. Add the peanuts and chocolate and give the mixer a few turns to stir them into he dough. If the chunky ingredients are mixed in after a few seconds, just finish the job with a sturdy spatula-don't over mix the dough. Scrape the dough into the prepared pan.
- 5Bake blondies for 40-50 minutes, or until they turn a deep honey brown and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool to room temperature.
- 6Make the ganache: Place the chocolate chips for the ganache in a heat-proof bowl. In a small sauce pan, bring the cream to a slow, gentle boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let it stand for about 2 minutes.Whisk in the butter and gently stir until the chocolate and butter are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 7Pour the ganache over the blondies and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate until the ganache has hardened slightly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanutiest Brownies With Chocolate Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.5
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 315.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 11.1 g