Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These fried potato/peanut/chickpea treats sound delicious! Recipe from RuchisKitchen.com
Make and share this Peanut Tikki recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup roasted channa dal (Bengal gram, roasted split chickpeas)
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped spinach leaves
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- oil (for frying)
- Grind the roasted peanut and chana dal to a coarse mixture.
- Add the boiled potatoes to the ground mixture, add onions, green chilies, coriander leaves, flour, lemon juice, chopped spinach and bread crumbs mix well.
- Shape the mixture into balls, flatten them and then fry them in a medium hot oil till crisp and golden brown. Serve hot.
Well, yum. It's a bit of work, but tastes great. The directions called for flour, but not the ingredients. I would just ignore the flour part. I did and it turned out great. Here are some hints. The potatoes need to be watery enough to hold the mixture together when you make the balls. If not, add a bit more water. If too sticky, add some of that flour. Rice flour would be good to use. A griddle is the method to fry tikkis. When you flatten the ball of dough, it should resemble a hockey puck, with some sides. They should be a drak brown, but not burnt.