Sue Lau's Note:
A healthy looking lower glycemic Thai-American treat that would make a great lunch item for me, especially if topped with some roasted chicken, shredded into strips, or some marinated tofu. Adapted from a Kraft recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lime juice (I prefer using Mexican limes)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar free honey
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- 8 ounces dreamfield's rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 carrots, cut into matchstick strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup pea pods, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 small red pepper, cut into matchstick strips (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Blend lime juice, soy sauce, honey, pepper flakes and 1/4 cup of the peanuts in an electric blender or food processor container until smooth; set aside.
- 2Cook pasta as directed on package, adding carrots, pea pods and pepper strips to the boiling water during the last 3 minute of the pasta cooking time. Drain pasta and vegetables.
- 3Reserve 1/4 cup of the peanut sauce; toss pasta with remaining peanut sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Let pasta stand at room temperature 30 min., then toss with reserved peanut sauce and remaining peanuts. Garnish with chopped cilantro for an extra boost of Thai flavor.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Thai Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 372.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g