Recipe by Oolala
A community cookbook find from Betty Nudell. Just typing this makes me salivate!I guessed time since I haven't made this yet. This recipe has poached chicken and it doesn't account for the cooking of the chicken.
Top Review by tattoedrider
I just made this, substituting snow peas for long beans and cayenne for crushed dried red chilis. I sauteed the beans and shallots with the chicken (I HATE uncooked shallots, lol).
This was WONDERFUL! Will definitely make again.
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 -8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly cut, poached
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed, julienne cut, blanched 30-60 seconds, cooled in ice water, drained
- dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- sesame seeds, toasted
- fresh coriander sprig, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the peanut butter, 1 1/2 cups of the coconut milk, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and cayenne in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly and cook until thickened. Blend or process to puree.
- Add broth and remainin 1/4 cup of coconut milk and blend until smooth. Cover and set aside (can be made ahead and refrigerated covered).
- Cook vermicelli, drain and rinse. Toss with peanut oil and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving place pasta on individual plated. Spoon over the sauce and sprinkle with scallions.
- Slice chicken on the diagonal and re-assemble 1/2 breast on top of each serving. Surround with snow peas to resemble a nest. Sprinkle with garnishes.