Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine
- 2 cups broccoli florets or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄3 cup natural chunky peanut butter or 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper, more to taste
- Bring a large pot water to boil; cook pasta until al dente.
- Steam broccoli florets or cook according to package directions if using frozen.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together peanut butter and stock until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drain pasta well.
- Pour dressing over pasta; toss to coat well.
- Add broccoli and toss again.
This was pretty good but I think the sauce was missing something. Also, the leftovers were very dry and not very good. I think you need to eat all of it right away.
My family enjoyed this and I brought it to a potluck for church. It was very good. I thought it got dry pretty quick, so next time I will make more sauce, or add more oil, but the ratio of ingredients in the sauce had such a tasty and wonderful combination of flavors. Its probably the best peanut sauce I have tried so far. Thanks.
This was absolutely gorgeous, and so so easy to make. It took me a total of 6 minutes to put this dish together including getting ingredients together and packing them away again! I found it a bit dry when it was ready so added a splash of sesame oil which really lifted it. Thank you so much, Betty Jo - a real keeper!