Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Pillsbury bakeoff recipe; I haven't tried it yet.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk (or up to 2 T.)
- For the bars, combine all of those ingredients except peanuts. Blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup peanuts; mix thoroughly.
- Shape into sticks 10 inches long and 1/2-inch wide. Cut into 2-inch sticks. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- For the frosting, combine all of those ingredients, blending in just enough milk to make a spreading consistency.
- Frost the sticks and then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup peanuts.