1/1 Photo of Peanut Sticks
Dienia B.'s Note:
Darlene Kossman said these were very good. shes right . It says oblong pieces of cake spread with frosting and rolled in crunchy chopped peanuts. Sell for 5 cents each....old recipe, lol. ive made this and its a sponge like cake similar to angel food cake i tastes better AFTER it cools . this is probably a depression cake as it uses no oil except a little in the frosting dont worry it tastes great ,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 591.47 ml cake flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml boiling water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1Sift together cake flour, baking powder, salt.
- 2Separate eggs.
- 3Beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.
- 4Beat egg yolks with sugar until light and lemon colored.
- 5Gradually beat in boiling water (temper the egg yolks or you will scramble them. i beat the hot water in at a dribble like making mayo ).
- 6Add sifted dry ingredients and blend well.( the batter gets thicker and sticky if you wait to long dont dawdle ).
- 7Fold in egg whites and vanilla.
- 8Spoon batter unto greased 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan.
- 9Bake in moderate oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 36 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 10( i think that 20 minutes are good myself start there . i used a cookie sheet for mine if using a jelly roll pan check sooner ).
- 11Cool 3 minutes in pan. these bad boys do stick a little in non stick pans spray pam
- 12Turn out of pan; cut in 48 oblong pieces 1-1/4 x 2-1/2 ".
- 13For thin glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla together.
- 14Spread cake squares lightly with the thin glaze.
- 15Roll in finely chopped peanuts with red skins still on for color.
- 16Let stand on wire racks until dry enough to wrap or pack.
- 17Makes 4 dozen.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 49.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g