Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dessert recipe posted for ZWT II, as taken from an Asian Food Web Site. You will need a meat grinder for this recipe.
- Put the peanuts through a meat grinder with a medium blade. Then place them in a saucepan with the 1/2 cup of sugar and the milk. Mix well.
- Place the peanut mixture over medium flame and cook, stir constantly, until the mixture boils and the sugar dissolves.
- Lower the flame and cook, stir often,until the mixture thickens. As the mixture gets very thick, stir continually, to prevent sticking. This will take about 15 minutes.
- When the mixture is so thich that you can see the bottom of the pan when you stir, remove from the stove.
- Sprinkle the 1/4 cup sugar on the pastry board. Turn the peanut mixture out onto the sugar and flatten it out with a spatula. Allow to cool so you can handle it.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin until the mixture is about 1/4 inch thick. With a knife, cut the mixture into small squares or with a cookie cutter.
- Remove the squares from the board with a metal spatula.
Since my DIL to be is Philippino I chose this for the ZWT and made it for her. She really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing Chabear!...Kitten