This dessert recipe posted for ZWT II, as taken from an Asian Food Web Site. You will need a meat grinder for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the peanuts through a meat grinder with a medium blade. Then place them in a saucepan with the 1/2 cup of sugar and the milk. Mix well.
- 2Place the peanut mixture over medium flame and cook, stir constantly, until the mixture boils and the sugar dissolves.
- 3Lower the flame and cook, stir often,until the mixture thickens. As the mixture gets very thick, stir continually, to prevent sticking. This will take about 15 minutes.
- 4When the mixture is so thich that you can see the bottom of the pan when you stir, remove from the stove.
- 5Sprinkle the 1/4 cup sugar on the pastry board. Turn the peanut mixture out onto the sugar and flatten it out with a spatula. Allow to cool so you can handle it.
- 6Roll it out with a rolling pin until the mixture is about 1/4 inch thick. With a knife, cut the mixture into small squares or with a cookie cutter.
- 7Remove the squares from the board with a metal spatula.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Squares - Philippine
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 53.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g