Recipe by dk683
This is my way of experimenting with Nori, the Japanese toasted seaweed sheets that are found rolled up in sushi. The result is great used as a salad dressing, dipping sauce for crudite, or sauce for white sticky rice.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 -2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 sheet nori
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil or 1⁄4 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add the peanut butter. Take the sheet of nori and crush in your hand over the bowl. The key is that some of the Nori has been powdered and some is still flaked. The amount of Nori you use is up to you. I used probably 2-3 Tbs. of crushed Nori in the dressing.
- Add the soy sauce and blend until everything is emulsified.
- Add a pinch of sugar and a bit of oil. Pour in a teaspoon or so of water while stirring. The goal is that it is the consistency of yogurt.