Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I know, it sounds a little strange, but it really is quite delightful and made with ingredients probably hanging out in your pantry!
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 dash ground red pepper (or more to taste)
- unsalted peanuts, chopped (to taste)
- In saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to boil, stirring. Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped unsalted peanuts, if desired.
This was okay, it made a quick lunch and was easy to throw together. The flavor was good, but I was not a fan of the texture of this soup. It was not creamy like I had hoped, more gritty because the peanut butter broke up into tiny pieces. Thanks for posting.
This was not for us. I know some people who eat peanut butter on their hamburgers, and they may like this, just not my family. It did have lots of flavor and spice, and was simple to make. Thanks for sharing. Made for the Unrated Asian Tag game,2009.