Recipe by The Portugarians
Delicious light sesame peanut noodles from Martha Stewart (Don't let this put you off, it is so easy and good you will want to try it). Though the recipe says serve room temperature or cold, we thoroughly enjoyed it hot.
Top Review by lazyme
Super yummy! I love recipes like this and I totally enjoyed it. I had some hot and then later tried some room temperature. We preferred it hot. Thanks for sharing this nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- coarse salt
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced (ribs and seeds removed)
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti 3 minutes less than al dente. Add broccoli, bell peppers, and onion. Cook until pasta is al dente and vegetables are tender, 3 minutes more. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and vegetables.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Add hot pasta and vegetables; toss to coat, thinning sauce with a little pasta water, if necessary. Serve at room temperature or chilled.