The secret to this Chinese favorite is not to let the noodles sit in the sauce very long — toss them together a few seconds before serving. COOKS NOTES: Think about adding julienned carrots and cucumber. You may also like to add a bit more vinegar, sesame oil,garlic and soy sauce for tang! Great leftovers too!!
For peanut dressing
- 118.29 ml smooth peanut butter
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 22.18 ml sesame oil
- 9.85 ml honey
- 4.92 ml hot red pepper flakes
For noodle salad
- 340.19 g dried linguine, fini or 340.19 g spaghetti
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/8 inch thick strips
- 2 celery ribs, thin slices
- 113.39 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 44.37 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- Make dressing:.
- Puree dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Make salad:.
- Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain in a colander, then rinse well under cold water.
- Add pasta, scallions, bell peppers, and sesame seeds to dressing, tossing to combine, and serve immediately.
Wonderful and tasty, I think I'll be serving this one again and again! Followed as written this is a great dish; everyone at my house was a member of the 'clean plate club'! Thanks for sharing, Paula G!
Great! I omitted the red pepper flakes so my little one would eat it and added some chopped peanuts. Made for ZWT 9
Really tasty and easy to make. We enjoyed this with a SE Asian themed meal for ZWT #9.