1/4 Photos of Peanut Sesame Noodles
The secret to this Chinese favorite is not to let the noodles sit in the sauce very long — toss them together a few seconds before serving. COOKS NOTES: Think about adding julienned carrots and cucumber. You may also like to add a bit more vinegar, sesame oil,garlic and soy sauce for tang! Great leftovers too!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For peanut dressing
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
For noodle salad
- 3/4 lb dried linguine, fini or 3/4 lb spaghetti
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/8 inch thick strips
- 2 celery ribs, thin slices
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Make dressing:.
- 2Puree dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Make salad:.
- 4Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain in a colander, then rinse well under cold water.
- 5Add pasta, scallions, bell peppers, and sesame seeds to dressing, tossing to combine, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Sesame Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1334.7
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2370.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 48.2 g