Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so addictive.Can be made as a side dish or as a vegetarian main course. These are best eaten straight away after tossing noodles with the sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons chopped gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- DRESSING :.
- Puree dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth, about 2 mins, then pour into a large bowl.
- NOODLE SALAD:.
- Cook pasta as directed, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Add pasta, green onions, bell peppers and sesame seeds to dressing.
- Toss together and serve immediately.
Yummy! This sauce was exactly what I was looking for in this type of dish. The sauce is thick and full of flavor, definitely a comfort food but with no butter or cream etc! I used chunky peanut butter and a micro zester for the fresh ginger and garlic and it was great! (I didn't puree) For the veggies, we used a head of broccoli, cut into florets and steamed, and my husband also sauteed some sliced mushrooms with 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper and the sauce recipe amount was perfect for all that on 1/2 lb. fettucine. Tossed it in a pan to let it all marry, and it went great with miso glazed salmon for dinner. I can't wait to dig into the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
Sorry to say, I thought this sauce was too heavy, too salty, too bitter. I lightened it up with more honey, and didn't use the entire sauce. Then it was ok, but not my favorite.