Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light soy sauce can save from 300 to 600 mg of sodium per tablespoon.
Make and share this Peanut-Sauced Beef and Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti (or udon noodles)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Cook spaghetti accroding to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan stir the cold water into the cornstartch. Stir in the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, and red pepper (mixture will not be smooth). Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Stir-fry garlic and beef strips over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until browned. Add broccoli and stir-fry 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in peanut sauce to coat; heat through. Stir in spaghetti or noodles.