Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used this recipe for week 29 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook on meal from every nation on Earth, and Benin is my 29th stop. Please note that I never use any recipe for my blog that I'm not reasonably sure is from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients. This simple sauce is served over boiled white rice.
- 3 tablespoons red palm oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon habanero pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef bouillon cubes or 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 cup water, more if needed
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- Heat the palm oil in a pan, then add the tomato paste, habanero, salt, onion and bouillon.
- Cook for two or three minutes, then add the peanut butter and the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 or 15 minutes. Serve over boiled rice.