Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Credited to Emeril Lagasse, this sauce goes over the recipe I posted for Grilled Chicken Satays.
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 78.07 ml chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml minced ginger
- 340.19 g jar smooth peanut butter
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 78.07 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 396.89 g can coconut milk
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a food processor, combine green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, and ginger and blend on high speed for 30 seconds, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and sesame oil and blend, scraping down the sides, for 30 seconds. Add the fish sauce and lime juice and process to blend.
- Add the coconut milk and hoisin sauce and process until smooth, scraping down the sides, as needed. You may add hot sauce to taste, if desired.
- Drizzle over chicken satays and serve additional sauce in a bowl on the side for dipping.
This is a great peanut sauce! We used a reduced fat coconut milk to cut back on the calories a bit. We basted a little on our thai beef and on our chicken satays during the last couple minutes of cooking. Might add a little more jalapeno next time. Yummy!!!
This was very interesting, to me, to make. First, I had no Hoisin sauce so made Recipe #92803 by Breez, and believe me it was a little bit of work to make Zaar change a 2-cup recipe to 1/16th cup. Then I made Recipe #187372 by Chef PotPie and cut it down to 3/4 up, as I had another recipe that needed just a little coconut milk. Other than those 2 ingredients, I was good to go! I am so glad that this recipe did not call for too much pepper. I had a Thai dish that blew the top of my head off! This was just enough to say, "whoa", this is great!" Will I have this again? You bet! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Dr. J. Made for ZWT6.
I had a rating panel review this recipe as I am not a fan of peanut butter. The 'panel' loved it. I served it with Recipe #301312. Made for ZWT5