Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Credited to Emeril Lagasse, this sauce goes over the recipe I posted for Grilled Chicken Satays.
Make and share this Peanut Sauce for Grilled Chicken Satays recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 (12 ounce) jar smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a food processor, combine green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, and ginger and blend on high speed for 30 seconds, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and sesame oil and blend, scraping down the sides, for 30 seconds. Add the fish sauce and lime juice and process to blend.
- Add the coconut milk and hoisin sauce and process until smooth, scraping down the sides, as needed. You may add hot sauce to taste, if desired.
- Drizzle over chicken satays and serve additional sauce in a bowl on the side for dipping.