Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Credited to Emeril Lagasse, this sauce goes over the recipe I posted for Grilled Chicken Satays.
Make and share this Peanut Sauce for Grilled Chicken Satays recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 (12 ounce) jar smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a food processor, combine green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, and ginger and blend on high speed for 30 seconds, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and sesame oil and blend, scraping down the sides, for 30 seconds. Add the fish sauce and lime juice and process to blend.
- Add the coconut milk and hoisin sauce and process until smooth, scraping down the sides, as needed. You may add hot sauce to taste, if desired.
- Drizzle over chicken satays and serve additional sauce in a bowl on the side for dipping.
This is a great peanut sauce! We used a reduced fat coconut milk to cut back on the calories a bit. We basted a little on our thai beef and on our chicken satays during the last couple minutes of cooking. Might add a little more jalapeno next time. Yummy!!!
This was very interesting, to me, to make. First, I had no Hoisin sauce so made Hoisin Sauce - Microwave by Breez, and believe me it was a little bit of work to make Zaar change a 2-cup recipe to 1/16th cup. Then I made Fat Free Coconut Milk (For Recipes) by Chef PotPie and cut it down to 3/4 up, as I had another recipe that needed just a little coconut milk. Other than those 2 ingredients, I was good to go! I am so glad that this recipe did not call for too much pepper. I had a Thai dish that blew the top of my head off! This was just enough to say, "whoa", this is great!" Will I have this again? You bet! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Dr. J. Made for ZWT6.
I had a rating panel review this recipe as I am not a fan of peanut butter. The 'panel' loved it. I served it with Grilled Chicken Satays With Peanut Sauce. Made for ZWT5