Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is wonderful with Sate' or other marinated, grilled meats. It's a recipe I got when living on the southern Caribbean island of Bonaire. My family loves it over rice and with the Sate' skewers.
- Place all ingredients in small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until mixed.
- Heat only until hot-- Do not boil as this will cause the oil in the peanut butter to separate.
- You may add more water for desired consistency.
- (I also add a little lemon juice for added flavor..).
- NOTE: You may use fresh chopped onions and minced garlic instead if desired-- Saute until tender in a little oil and then add remaining ingredients.
- Serve with rice and Sate' (satay).
Very good indeed! The measurement of 5-6 ketjap manis is tablespoons in my opinion, at least that is what I used. I jazzed it all up with 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger and 1/2 teaspoon sambal rawit (sambal without trassi (shrimppaste)). Sauteed some vegetables, poured the sauce over and served it all on rice. It was very good, will make it again.
I made this to go along with Sate' Sate'. I must admit I was kind of skeptical as I am not a huge peanut fan. But my goodness was this good! Dh thought it was a little thick, but I thought it was perfect. We used JIFF creamy and it cooked up perfectly according to directions. I drizzled this over the Sate' and our steamed Basmati rice....and cannot wait to make it again!
Excellent! We had it on the sate and rice.