Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This sauce is delicious and tastes just like the peanut sauce they serve at a Thai restaurant in my area. It goes great with chicken, rice, and/or broccoli! (Tip about the lime juice: the recipe calls for 4 tablespoons but I think it's way too much. You can use lemon juice if you don't have any lime, or I like to use True Lime or True Lemon packets. If using the True Lime/Lemon, use two packets and follow the recipe as stated.)
- 2⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Whisk all ingredients together in a microwave safe container or a small saucepan. (The peanut butter will not blend in well, this is ok.).
- If using the microwave, place covered container in microwave and microwave one minute. Whisk again; microwave another 30-60 seconds; whisk again. Sauce should now be well blended.
- If using the stovetop, place the saucepan over medium heat and heat, whisking occasionally, until well blended and heated through.
- Spoon over chicken, rice, broccoli, or whatever you wish.
Great recipe - easy and tastes yummy! Even my little kids loved it.
This was great over chicken breasts. Oh yeah, in about 3 1/2 minutes. My kinda recipe.