Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very easy to make and great with Thai food. Spices can be easily adjusted to individual tastes.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups ground peanuts
- In a saucepan, sauté the crushed garlic in the oil over medium heat until just golden.
- Add the red curry paste and continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, and lemon grass.
- Heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Remove the lemon grass.
- Add the ground peanuts and continue cooking until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside and cool.