Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is wonderful with sprng rolls or appetizer egg rolls.
- 5 ounces roasted unsalted peanuts (or a few tablespoons of peanut butter)
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- Blend or process the peanuts until they are fine meal.
- Heat half the coconut milk in a saucepan at high heat and add the red curry paste.
- Stir to dissolve and continue cooking at heigh heat for 10 to 12 minutes, until the oil from the coconut has risen to the surface.
- Lower the heat to medium-high and add processed peanuts.
- Stir and add the rest of the coconut milk. Bring to bubbling boil.
- Lower heat to medium and add sugar, lemon juice and fish sauce.
- Cook stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened somewhat and the oil has returned to the surface.
- Take off the fire and let rest for a half hour.
- Stir to blend oil that has risen to the surface.
- It should be the consistency of thick cream.
- If thicker than that, add a couple of tablespoons of water or coconut milk and blend.
- Pour into a bowl and serve.
i love this sauce my boyfriend says this sauce is so awesome, i definitely think this is an easy sauce to make and it is so versatile.