These taste delicious.. Sweet, peanuty goodness with a nice puffed rice crunch. Cheaper than buying all those premade bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal (I used puffed brown rice cereal)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2If using raw wheat germ, spread it on a baking sheet and toast for a few minutes until fragrant.
- 3Spread the sunflower seeds and the peanuts in an even later on separate baking sheets and toast in the oven - the sunflower seeds will take about 6 minutes and the peanuts will take 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and let cool; salt the peanuts lightly.
- 4Mix the wheat germ, sunflower seeds, peanuts, raisins, oats, and puffed rice in a large bowl. In a separate bowl that fits your microwave, mix the peanut butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup; microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and stir until well blended. Pour over the dry ingredients and fold in until everything is evenly coated.
- 5Grease an 8-inch-square baking pan and transfer the mixture from the bowl. Cover the surface with waxed paper and press it down firmly. Refrigerate until completely cool. Cut into eight 2x4-inch bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Salvage Bars
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.4
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 59.3 g
- Protein 15.7 g