Recipe by NELady
From Food Network Magazine, May 2010. I haven't made this yet, just keeping for reference.
Top Review by Cooking with Sean
These are AMAZING! Due to allergies we skipped the nuts, but they turned out GREAT! They have a little crunch to them, but are still chewy. My kids and husband have devoured the first batch, now it's time to make more. Thanks for posting!
- cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats or 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325*F. Line a 15x10-inch rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Mix the oats, peanuts, raisins, seeds, cinnamon, condensed milk and butter in a bowl. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly, then lift off the baking sheet using the foil and invert onto a cutting board. Peel off the foil and cut into bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap.