Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Food Network Magazine, May 2010. I haven't made this yet, just keeping for reference.
- cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats or 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325*F. Line a 15x10-inch rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Mix the oats, peanuts, raisins, seeds, cinnamon, condensed milk and butter in a bowl. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly, then lift off the baking sheet using the foil and invert onto a cutting board. Peel off the foil and cut into bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap.
These are AMAZING! Due to allergies we skipped the nuts, but they turned out GREAT! They have a little crunch to them, but are still chewy. My kids and husband have devoured the first batch, now it's time to make more. Thanks for posting!