Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an unusual non-alcoholic drink from Trinidad. From the Barbecue Bible.
Make and share this Peanut Punch recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- 4 cups water
- ice cube, for serving
- Combine peanut butter, condensed milk, vanilla, bitters and water in a pitcher.
- Whisk until peanut butter is dissolved.
- Pour into tall glasses filled with ice cubes and serve immediately.
Yup, this is peanut punch. I tasted it and right away I thought mmm. I haven't had this in ages so it was great to make some at home. It really hit the spot. I just measured all the ingredients into a blender and gave it a whirl. Added the dash of bitters at the top for presentation. Thanks for posting.
Although I do like PB, I wasn't sure about making this recipe! Not to worry ~ THIS IS A GREAT TASTING, VERY SATISFYING DRINK! Most unusual in a very nice way, so I'd like to keep hold of this recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
I used a low fat condensed milk but otherwise made as directed. My GD Carly and her friends enjoyed these as an after-school treat. Made for ZWT5.