Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Unique twist to traditional pumpkin soup. My mum made this recipe and I loved it so I have decided to post it.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 280 g coconut milk
- 5 cups water
- 2 large chicken stock cubes
- 1 kg pumpkin, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted peanuts
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (to garnish)
- chives (to garnish)
- Fry up onion and curry powder in oil.
- Add coconut milk, water, stock cubes and pumpkin.
- Bring to boil and cook until pumpkin soft.
- Add coriander and peanuts.
- Blend using handheld or electric blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
- Serve with bread still hot from the oven.