Recipe by cocktails
All I can say is yum. Different than my usual potatoes!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Delicious! I never ever thought that peanuts would taste so good with potatoes, onions and
vegetables! I made this recipe twice. I do not purchase fresh herbs, they are prohibitive in price where I live so I used dried thyme, not ground thyme. I used roasted red sweet peppers in a jar.
I used corn the first time, creamed corn the second time and slightly drained it through a strainer. I used dry roasted peanuts with sea salt. They have more flavor and are not as salty.
I used a 1/3 cup of the mixture to press down in the pan. The pattie would not stay firm so it could be turned. I used 2 tsps white flour and stirred it in the bacon vegie mixture. It worked beautifully. (Both times I had to use the flour) I would suggest that 2 slices of bacon be used to get more bacon flavor. I served with sour cream. You are very creative. This is a meal!
If you made small little ones for appetizers make sure you have a posted sign that it contains peanuts. This is really good. I will post 2 different photos.
- 3⁄4 lb yukon gold potato, unpleeled
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 cup fresh corn (about 2 ears)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- optional more olive oil and more fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Shred potatoes into a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Then remove and crumble. Add to the bacon drippings corn, onions, bell pepper, and chopped thyme; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Combine potatoes, bacon, and corn mixture, green onions, peanuts, salt and egg; stil with a fork until blended.
- Coat nonstick skillet with a thin layer of olive oil. Spoon about 1/3 cupt potatoe mixture onto the hot skillet and flatten.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Garnish with thyme.