1/2 Photos of Peanut-Potato Cakes
All I can say is yum. Different than my usual potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb yukon gold potato, unpleeled
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 cup fresh corn (about 2 ears)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- optional more olive oil and more fresh thyme
- 1Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Shred potatoes into a large bowl.
- 2Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Then remove and crumble. Add to the bacon drippings corn, onions, bell pepper, and chopped thyme; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3Combine potatoes, bacon, and corn mixture, green onions, peanuts, salt and egg; stil with a fork until blended.
- 4Coat nonstick skillet with a thin layer of olive oil. Spoon about 1/3 cupt potatoe mixture onto the hot skillet and flatten.
- 5Cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Garnish with thyme.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut-Potato Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.9 mg
- Sodium 168.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g