Recipe by NOOBchef
This is a very simple recipe to make, with minimal ingredients, and the flavors go very well with pita bread! This is just for two servings ( you can have one and save the filling for later, its very versatile ) but it can easily be multiplied. I have made this salt-less, but if you want it salty use salted peanuts or stir in half a teaspoon of kosher salt with the raw tomatoes. This is YUMMY. Eat it.
Top Review by Dorie's Lori
I am often attracted to unusual combinations of food, and the spiciness of the scallions plus the sweetness of the raisins appealed to me. Plus, it reminds me of an Italian dish I have enjoyed very much, which contains tomatoes, nuts and raisins (plus lots of other things.) After making and eating, I liked it, but I also found it a bit one-dimentional. If I were to make this again, I would think about tweaking it some, but I haven't figured out just how. Thanks for the recipe anyway!
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- vegan margarine
- 4 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 5 tablespoons raisins
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped roughly (make sure to have one half away from the other half)
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- First, let some margarine melt in a pan.
- Add peanuts and spring onion, stir for about a minute.
- Then add the raisins. Make sure they aren't clumped together.
- Now - and this is important - add half the tomatoes. Stir until tomatoes are lightly browned and not very liquid.
- Take pan off heat, stirring all the while.
- Heat pita bread.
- Then stir in the remainder of the tomatoes to the mix.
- Put filling in bread - serve ( -- eat) while hot.