Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 1 sour cream pie crust, rolled out to fit 9 inch pie dish (in my recipes)
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream
- chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick pie shell with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Decrease oven temperature to 330 degrees F.
- Melt peanut butter and butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, eggs, flour, corny syrup, milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Blend in peanut butter mixture and pour into crust.
- Bake until filling is puffed, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- The filling will still be quite soft.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- Dollop with whipped cream and sprinkle chopped peanuts over.
This was a very easy pie to prepare and the results were extremely rich. It has the texture of pecan pie, but contains peanut butter instead of the pecans. It is best after spending some time in the fridge. I highly recommend to peanut butter lovers!