Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Substitute pricey pine nuts with tasty peanuts in this unusual version of pesto.
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (, remove stems first)
- 3⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor (or blender), place the basil and parsley, and process until finely minced.
- Add all other ingredients except oil, and process until peanuts are finely chopped.
- Through the feed tube, pour in the oil and process until mixture is creamy-smooth.
- Keep refrigerated.
Very special and subtle peanut taste. Great with grilled fish... NB. Caracas, Venezuela.
This is a good base recipe. Needed a tsp of salt and twice the garlic. Also only needs half cup of oil. Since it makes quite a lot, store the extra in a container with olive oil on top, this will keep the basil from turning brown.
It's more amazing with peanuts and it's better homemade then store bought. I have to budget my family meals and have to get creative so this was pretty awsome when everything I had was on hand. Family keeper. Thank you for sharing.