Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Add red food coloring while beating to peanut patties. You can also substitute pecans, too.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a heavy boiler (I use my 4 quart pressure cooker). Bring to a boil.
- Turn burner to simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat until creamy as it cools.
- Beating is a must for it to turn out right. Spoon out into buttered muffin pan.
I had excellent results. I added a pinch of salt and a couple of tablespoons of butter and a few drops of red food coloring. The first patties that I made were kind of sticky at first, but I covered them with a sheet of wax paper (loosely) and left them overnight. The consistency was good the next morning and the flavor was excellent -- improved over immediately after cooking. My Calphalon non-stick roasting pan was perfect for the project -- no sticking and no burning.
This is a wonderful recipe. It took about 1 1/2 hours to prepare and an additional 1 to settle completely. It will probably rate higher when I try it again. Thanks for entering the recipe.