Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of our favorite summertime desserts. It's great frozen, or just chilled.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (100 grams)
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix (6-serving size)
- chopped peanuts, if desired (to garnish)
- grated milk chocolate, if desired (to garnish)
- To make the base:.
- Melt chocolate and shortening.
- Stir in sugar with whisk until blended.
- (Mixture will be dry).
- Add eggs, beating well.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips.
- Spread in greased 13x9" pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until set.
- Don't overbake.
- Cool completely.
- To make the filling and assemble:.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and peanut butter until crumbly and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add milk, whipped topping and pudding mix; beat 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour half of cream cheese mixture over cooled brownie base and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with half of peanut butter mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with chopped peanuts and grated milk chocolate, if desired.
- Cover; refrigerate or freeze until serving time.