Recipe by Barb G.
Put this tasty snack mix into sandwich bags so you will always have a snack to take with you. The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 5 cups bite size shredded whole wheat cereal
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, In a 13x9x2-inch baking pan combine shredded wheat biscuits and peanuts, set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat together peanut butter, butter, and honey; drizzle over cereal mixture, tossing to coat.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes, stirring once; cool in pan on a wire rack about 10 minutes,stir in rasins.
- Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week.