From Prevention. Posted for safe keeping. Add protein-packed tofu to the classic Japanese dishTIME: 15 MINUTES SERVINGS: 4
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter (MUFA, reduced sodium)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 ounces firm tofu, light, drained, patted dry, and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups carrots (shredded or grated, about 2 lg)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (1/4 c)
- 11. PREPARE noodles per package directions. Place peanut butter in small microwaveable bowl and microwave on high 15 seconds to soften.
- 22. WHISK together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, chile paste (if using), and sesame seeds in large bowl while noodles cook. Set aside.
- 33. HEAT medium skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add tofu and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 44. DRAIN pasta and add to peanut sauce along with all but 1/2 cup of the carrots. Mix until well combined. Top with tofu and remaining carrots and sprinkle with scallions. Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.
- 5Nutritional Info Per Serving.
- 6377 cal, 16 g pro, 36 g carb, 5 g fiber, 19.5 g fat, 3.5 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 551 mg sodium.
- 7NOTE: Chile paste is available in the ethnic food section of most supermarkets or via importfood.com.
- 8Flat Belly Bonus.
- 9The fiber and protein in Japanese soba noodles (made from buckwheat) will keep you satisfied longer than a bowl of traditional pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Noodles With Tofu(Flat Belly Diet Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.8
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 724.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar